BENEFITS OF STOTT PILATES®
As we age we develop habits to compensate for weaknesses in parts of our bodies by placing weight on other stronger joints and muscles creating imbalances in our postural alignment, which is a source for much of the pain we feel.
- Incorporating intelligent exercise principles designed to restore the natural curves of the spine improving alignment and posture, rebalancing the muscles around the joints.
- Increases core strength (abs, low back and buttocks), which is the Powerhouse of our body. Core strength is key to enhanced athletic performance and injury prevention.
- Creates longer, leaner muscles, lengthening out hamstrings and tight quads for (less bulk, greater range of movement – much of which comes from overtraining in the popular Cross Fit and Fitness Boot Camp programs and rigorous weight training regimens).
- A strong core will emanate dramatic changes in the way you stand, move, walk, carry yourself, and physically relate to the world around you – increasing your mental clarity, confidence, energy, and create a sense of tranquility and peace of mind.
- Relieves pain and helps prevent injury – best form of exercise for those with weak abs, flabby glutes and arms, low back pain, hip and knee pain, post-surgeries due to injury or replacement and new moms wanting to get their “pre-baby” bodies back.
- No impact – easy on the joints, reduces or eliminates muscle imbalances.
- Relieves stress and tension – heightens body awareness.